Of all the investments that you make in your entire lifetime, there’s no gainsaying that your home is the priciest. Therefore it does not bear emphasis that you’d want to accord an impregnable wall of security to your abode all-around. Nowadays, you’ll come across a wide range of alarm and sensor system for adding an additional layer of security to your home.
One such less popular yet crucial home security system that could ward off intruders and housebreakers and help check burglaries is a glass break detector.
Setting up glass break detectors or sensors is one of the most affordable and easiest ways of safeguarding your home. If your home has numerous windows and doors with glass frames, then installing one or more glass break sensors keeps your dwelling protected.
The best glass break detector comes with a built-in wireless sensor that automatically sets off the alarm when an intruder attempts to break-in by shattering the window or door glass.
A wireless glass break detector is usually a standalone security system that can be made to work together with the existing security system of your home. The best glass break sensor will alert you that a burglar or robber is attempting to force an entry via the window long before the alarm sounds.
Best Glass Break Detector & Sensor
The EVA LOGIK Modern Ultra-Thin Window Alarm with Loud 120dB alarm and vibration sensors serves as your home’s perfect first line of defense.
The wireless sensors embedded in the window security system automatically senses vibration, sounding out a 120dB alarm, alerting you of an attempted break-in.
Being ultra-slim this wireless glass break detector from EVA LOGIK is perfectly compatible with installing on almost any type of window.
Installing the device is also very easy; you simply have to strip the security alarm system and attach it to a window’s glass pane.
- Guarantees against false alarms
- Goes off immediately when an intruder or burglar tries to break-in
- LED indicator light wants potential housebreaker that the window is secured
- Just unwrap and install; no need to install wiring
- Continuous flashing of LED light indicates that it’s time to change batteries
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Ergonomic design
- Easy installation
- Across-the-board compatibility
- No fake or bogus alarms
- The alarm goes off only if there is a hard knock on the window
- Very difficult to detach from the window for replacing batteries
If you’re looking to impart an impenetrable layer of security to your home, then the glass break detector from SimpliSafe is your best bet.
SimpliSafe is one of the best glass break sensors that has been designed and created with painstaking care.
Consequently, this wireless glass break detector can easily distinguish between a gentle tapping and a burglar trying to smash the window.
You can install this wireless security device straight away on your window or door as it comes with preinstalled adhesive and batteries.
- Very user-friendly; preinstalled with adhesive and batteries for using right away
- Mounting plate and two screws included for stable installation
- Companionable with SimpliSafe Home Security System
- Receptive to sound in a 20ft radius
- Designed innovatively to differentiate between gentle tapping and forceful smashing
- Extremely versatile; companionable with different brands of home security systems, including SimpliSafe
- SimpliSafe Home Security System can work in concert with a maximum of 100 sensors
- Additional hardware (mounting plate and screws) supplied for steady set up
- Can be installed directly onto the window
- Many customers have reported that the device did not work when it was supposed to
This Best Glass Break Detector (Wireless) from Honeywell is not only aesthetically appealing but very performance-oriented as well.
This wireless glass break sensor has been designed with meticulous care which makes it immune from emitting false alarms.
Giving off bogus alarms is negated, thanks to parallel (instead of sequential) processing of sound data.
The 5853 glass break detector from Honeywell features a FlexCore™ signal processor that processes sound frequency and amplitude extremely fast, thereby maximizing detection sensitivity and minimizing false alarms.
- Replaceable batteries
- Extended battery life
- Remote activation of test mode
- Four distinct sensitivity settings
- Trendy and tamperproof profile
- Mountable on any ceiling or wall within a 25 feet range
- Separate LED indicators for alarms and test mode
- Can be set up with any 5800 Series wireless security system
- FlexCore™ signal processor exploits ASIC technology for parallel processing of sound data
- Faster sound data processing maximizes detection and minimizes chances of false alarms
- May not be compatible with some brands of home security systems
If you’re looking for a wireless glass break detector that sounds the alarm every time somebody tries to break into, then look no further than CATSONIC.
The premium window alarm device set from CATSONIC comes equipped with a state-of-the-art vibration sensor capable of detecting the slightest impact or vibration on the glass window.
The 130dB siren implanted in this best glass break sensor will raise a loud alarm, compelling the intruder to stop in his tracks.
This is a very user-friendly wireless glass break detector as you can install it right out of the box.
- Instantly detects shock, impact, and vibration on window glass
- Can be installed on any type of glass window in a jiffy
- Comes preinstalled with a 130dB siren
- Magnetic sensor extremely receptive to vibrations and shocks
- 30-day trial offer with cent per cent money-back guarantee
- Alarm with a magnetic sensor that detects the slightest of tremors and taps
- Magnetic sensor safeguards sliding windows and doors
- Is ready to be installed and used almost immediately
- 130dB siren gives off a loud alarm, alerting everybody
- The deafening noise of the alarm could disturb neighbors
Suggested Read: Ways to Secure Windows Without Security Bar
The perfectly round Interlogix Acoustic Glass Break Detector has been designed and engineered to perform, keeping your home fully secure.
This wireless glass break detector is highly sensitive to vibrations and sounds resulting from glass being broken by burglars.
This device makes the most of ‘Pattern Recognition Technology’ for detecting the mildest signs of glass smashing and breaking.
- Test this best glass break sensor simply by clapping your hands
- Can detect breaking glass patterns within a 25-foot radius (maximum 7.5m distance between glass and sensor)
- 360° coverage pattern
- Senses the slightest vibration or sound of breaking glass
- False alarm immunity or protection 25% more efficient than other comparable brands
- Exploits Pattern Recognition Technology for detecting breaking sound
- Maximum detection range; 25-feet radius
- Just clap hands for testing sensor effectiveness
- You may need to set up wiring for putting this glass break sensor into operation
seaNpem – DIY kit
The wireless home security alarm system DIY kit from seaNpem is very advanced and performance-oriented, keeping your property and family fully safe.
You can take this wireless security system along with you during vacations and business trips as it is portable and compact.
The device features a magnetic sensor that automatically detects intrusion, smashing of glass and forced entry.
Adhesive tape on both sides lets you install this device effortlessly on doors and windows.
- Easy installation
- Resistant to corrosion, high temperatures, and routine wear and tear
- Impervious to insects and dustproof
- Smooth mounting on windows and doors with attached adhesive
- Magnetic sensor detects the subtlest of sounds and vibrations
- Lightweight and compact; very portable
- Withstands high temperatures, corrosion, wear, and tear
- More suitable for windows than doors
The Honeywell Intellisense FG-1625 Acoustic Glass Break Sensor from Ademco does the job of detecting vibrations and sounds of breaking glass with perfection.
This glass break sensor can be installed on any window or door having a glass panel. You have the option to choose and set the sensitivity level as per your convenience.
- Broad-spectrum application
- Can be installed on any type of glass
- Selectable sensitivity
- FlexCore Signal Processor
- Easy setup
- The detector can be mounted anywhere
- The sensitivity level can be selected as per one’s specific needs
- Built-in FlexCore Signal Processor
- You may have to hire a professional for installing the unit
EverNary Window Alarm
This Window Glass Break Vibration Sensor Alarm from EverNary alerts you instantly of a break-in by sounding a loud 125db alarm.
It has an adjustable sensitivity system which will allow you to determine how sensitive you want the device to be. Its unique roller vibration sensitivity system also prevents the alarm from going off unnecessarily, such as in the case of rain or strong winds.
- Adjustable Vibration Sensitivity
- Easy Installation: No complicated wiring
- Low battery indicator
- Loud alarm sound blares instantly, scaring away any intruders
- Ability to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm which is helps negate false alarms
- Loud alarm is able to scare off intruders
- No fuss installation
- Color of device might stick out quite abit despite it being a slim product
Is the best glass break sensor effective?
The majority of homeowners who have used a glass break detector have reported that the device helped in discouraging intruders from attempting to break-in.
The sensors embedded inside the device are very sensitive even to the most subtle of sounds and vibrations. Additionally, dual sound verification mechanisms thwart false alarms.
What can trigger a glass break alarm?
An intruder or burglar trying to break or smash the glass pane of the window or door could trigger the sensor embedded inside the device.
Do I need a wireless glass break sensor on every window?
Whether you need to install a wireless glass break sensor on every window depends on two factors:-1) Range of sensitivity of the device 2) the room size.
That said motion detectors have a nearly similar range as glass break sensors. Most of the glass break detectors reviewed in this article will protect at least three windows from tampering and breaking.
Can a dog’s bark set off a glass break sensor?
Glass break detectors tend to be extremely sensitive and therefore can set off the alarm even by a very low noise decibel.
Hence, a dog’s bark can easily activate the sensor of a glass break detector. To deal with this problem, you’ll have to adjust the sensitivity of the device/sensor.
We can safely conclude that all the 8 best glass break detectors fulfill the basic conditions for being labeled as an effective home security system. If you have a big house or a mansion, you may need to install a couple or more of these glass break sensors. You’ll find products with a wide range of prices.
So, regardless of whether you’re looking for a high-end or an affordable unit that fulfills the basic job, you don’t need to explore beyond this list.