Unlike indoor security cameras, outdoor cameras are a little bit tasking when it comes to choosing the best.
For instance, you expose these cameras to elements likely to damage them, whereas you require them to produce crystal clear images despite exposing them to low lighting conditions.
This means that you must be willing to get a camera that will withstand such challenges and better yet, one that will offer quality images and videos in different lighting conditions.
To help you settle for such a camera, and better yet, a camera that will not require you to part with lots of cash while buying it, below is a review of the ten best cheap outdoor security cameras in 2020 that are under $100.
Read on to know more about each camera in detail.
BEST CHEAP OUTDOOR SECURITY CAMERAS – UNDER $100
1. Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera by ZUMIMALL
Keep your house safe during the day and night with the help of Zumimall Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera. Adopting the IR detection, it features four infrared lights.
Hence, the camera can switch to a black/white night vision for a clear view in the dark. Adding to that, the camera is battery operated. In particular, it comes with a 10400mAh battery that lasts from 3-6 months after a full charge. Being 100% wireless, this is one of the best choices when you do not want to deal with running cords or wires.
Moreover, the security cam adopts an improved PIR motion. You can adjust the motion sensitivity freely, which allows you to avoid false alarms caused by branches.
The camera can send real-time alerts and save the motion-triggered videos to a paid cloud storage or micro SD card up to 128GB.
It is IP65 waterproof and designed to withstand temperature ranges from -4°F to 140°F. Equipped with a microphone and high-power speaker, it allows you to communicate with guests and family members from wherever you are.
Also, the security camera allows for multiple account sharing so that you can share the camera’s views with family members. With all those features and pricing under $100, this is certainly one of the best affordable outdoor security cameras out there.
- The multiple account sharing feature allows ten users to live-view the videos simultaneously.
- Two external antennas strengthen the WiFi connection.
- The power button turns the camera on/off directly.
- ICR infrared filter and an anti-reflection panel offer excellent night vision up to 55 feet.
- Easy to install.
- Efficient motion detection.
- Crisp audio quality.
- Two-way communication.
- The battery is a little bit difficult to charge.
2. Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered WiFi Camera by ZUMIMALL
This is a wireless security camera from Zumimall. It derives its power from a 6000mAh battery that lasts from 2-5 months. The camera is easy to set up. The reason is the battery-powered design that takes less than 5minutes to set up, and without using complicated tools.
Also, it comes with a magnetic bracket screw and a double-sided adhesive tape for easy installation on any point.
You can expect the camera to display quality images and videos, thanks to the 1080P HD image quality. Also, the camera features a weatherproof casing. The benefit of this is the ability to use it indoors and outdoors without getting damaged by elements.
The Wifi camera offers a two-way audio talk so that you can hold conversations easily. Moreover, when motion is detected, it can forward an alarm and images to the smartphone for a timely response.
- Two-way storage. You can use a micro SD card up to 128GB or paid cloud storage.
- Built-in microphone and speaker offers a convenient way to communicate through the battery camera.
- Advanced PIR motion detection allows you to know when motion is detected and triggers alerts to your mobile phone for a timely response.
- Easy to set up.
- High-quality materials.
- The battery arrives while fully charged.
- The camera comes with a mount for easy installation.
- Limited user instructions.
3. Conico Outdoor Security Camera
From Conico, we have this wireless security camera. Equipped with a built-in 10400mAh battery, you can use it for 3-6 months after fully charging.
Also, the camera includes two wireless antennas. With these, it can receive reliable Wifi signals resulting in better communication. You can expect the security cam to send notifications to your phone after detecting any human movement.
The reason is the PIR sensors with flexible motion sensitivity that play a role in eliminating false alarms caused by insects.
Also, the camera adopts a two-way audio feature. Specifically, it includes built-in microphones and speakers to let you communicate with people in front of the camera despite your location.
The outdoor camera is easy to install, thanks to the 100% wireless design. Better, it comes with a metal bracket allowing for fast and easy installation.
Featuring an IP65 weatherproof body, the camera can withstand a temperature ranging from -20°C to 60°C.
Besides that, it features a 1080P HD resolution. This means that you can expect it to show clearly the details of any video or images.
The 4x digital zoom function is another addition. Using it, you can identify small details such as the license plate number or facial characteristics.
Moreover, the security camera offers a visible range of 55feet to reduce blind spots during the night.
- IR light turns on the night vision mode when the ambient light is low.
- 4DB Wifi dual antenna offers a wider coverage and highly stable wireless connection.
- PIR motion sensor helps to reduce false alarms.
- The camera supports a TF card up to 128GB and cloud storage.
- Easy to set up.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Good-quality night vision.
- Great WiFi range.
- Well-made and high-quality materials.
- The camera comes with the required mounting hardware.
- Low-quality mount bracket.
- The camera is quite bulky.
4. HeimVision HMD2 Wireless Rechargeable Battery-Powered Security Camera
If you are looking for a cheap outdoor security camera that are under $100 and easy to install, I would recommend HeimVision HMD2.
Featuring a 100% wire-free design, you can expect the convenience of easy installation without the need for dealing with any outlets or the mess of tangled wires.
Also, the camera derives its power from a rechargeable battery. The battery is compatible with HMS1 Solar Panel.
You can connect the camera to an exclusive HeimLife App on GooglePlay Store. Furthermore, HeimLife cloud service supports secure storage of the captured images and videos.
The camera is IP65 waterproof for reliable outdoor usage. Besides that, it supports a two-way audio feature. The feature allows you to communicate from any location with someone at the end of the surveillance scene, which means that you can get it as a pet camera or IP camera.
With the capacity of delivering a 1080P resolution, this is one of the best choices for a battery-powered security camera that will capture every detail of the videos or images.
Moreover, the camera is night vision capable. This allows you to capture any motion clearly in the dark. HeimVision HMD2 includes a PIR sensor. The sensor detects mammals of about 37°C/98.6°F and sends alerts to your phone so that you can act accordingly in case of an intruder.
Besides that, the camera supports a 130° wide-angle of view, making it suitable when used in indoor and outdoor settings.
- MicroSD card slot supports micro SD cards with a capacity up to 128GB.
- The security camera sends instant alerts of an entry to a connected device.
- Cloud storage allows you to browse surveillance history anywhere and anytime.
- Excellent picture quality.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Reader-friendly instructions.
- Easy to use and set up.
- The camera sends notifications to a phone or watch fast.
- The camera doesn’t come with a micro SD card.
5. KAMTRON 1080P Home Security Rechargeable Battery Powered Camera
Does your definition of the best budget security camera mean a wireless outdoor security camera that has a motion sensor and a night vision? then I would like to recommend KAMTRON 1080P Home Security Battery-Powered Camera.
This camera derives its power from a rechargeable 6000mAh battery. The battery lasts for 4-5 months after a full charge to guarantee reliable usage.
What’s more, the camera is 100% wireless. As a result, you do not need to drill holes, install wall outlets, or power cables, making it one of the best cheap outdoor security camera that is easy to install.
Another benefit of this camera is the built-in smart PIR motion sensor. The sensor reacts to mammals or anything with a temperature above 86°F.
Moreover, the camera features an intelligent IR-CUT switch. The switch offers clear images during the day and night while providing a viewing distance up to 32 feet in pitch darkness.
You can expect the camera to produce clear photos and videos. The reason is the high-quality 1080P resolution.
Moreover, the camera offers a wide 130° angle of view to capture an extended area without the need for lots of cameras.
KAMTRON Security Camera features a waterproof and weatherproof design which means that it is perfectly safeguarded against the rain and sunshine.
More so, the camera adopts encrypted cloud storage to protect the captured images from unauthorized access.
The IP camera supports an SD card storage up to 128GB. It is easy to install, given the ability to mount it onto any flat surface and set it up using iOS, Android, or the CloudEdge App.
- Motion detection allows the camera to send alerts with a snapshot to your mobile device.
- Two storage methods allow the footage to be secured in the cloud or a 128GB micro SD card.
- Two-way audio for instant communication via the built-in microphone and speaker.
- Easy to set up and navigate from the app.
- Excellent night vision.
- Secure and nicely boxed packaging.
- Ability to zoom in and out.
- Solid-quality camera.
- Battery doesn’t last long.
- The instructions are a little bit difficult to understand.
6. Outdoor Solar Battery Powered Security Camera by REOLINK
From Reolink, we have this smart outdoor security camera. It works with Google Assistant. As a result, you can direct the camera to show you some specific area and expect it to show you the live feed from the comfort of your place.
Asides that, the camera uses a smart PIR motion. The benefit of this is the ability to detect intruders at home, eliminating false alarms that arise in the events of falling leaves and fluttering moths.
You can expect the camera to send instant email alerts and sound alarms when motion events are detected to help you act accordingly.
Also, the camera can save videos and images to an SD card or cloud storage. As a result, you can easily view the undertakings of your home with a lot of ease. The camera connects to the 2.4G wifi for reliable connections.
Also, it derives its power from a solar power rechargeable battery. Hence, you can get this camera as a perfect option for an outdoor security camera guaranteed to offer wireless freedom.
Reolink Security Camera offers a 1080P resolution and an advanced CMOS image sensor that enables you to get crystal clear images for an accurate view of small details.
Besides that, the camera offers a 100° field of vision. Because of this, the camera covers a broader field eliminating the need for lots of cameras when you want to cover a large area.
The 2-way audio feature is another advantage of the camera. With this feature, you can interact with your beloved ones without the need for you to get back home.
Better, the camera adopts an advanced audio coding technology. This helps to filter out the noise for a barrier-free communication.
- Free cloud plan provides 1GB of cloud storage to record the triggered motion.
- 850nm infrared LED light for clear night vision.
- Multiple account viewing means that several users can live-view the same camera simultaneously.
- Great packaging.
- The camera produces clear and high-quality images.
- Included hardware for fast and easy setup.
- The solar panel charges it effectively.
- The images taken at night are quite dull.
7. AHOME C1 Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered Outdoor Security Camera
Whether you are in need of the best budget security camera for indoor or outdoor use, you can be sure to have made the right choice after purchasing Ahome C1 Security Camera.
This is a 100% wireless camera. Hence, it is an excellent choice for a security camera that is easy to install. Furthermore, it features an IP65 waterproof design. As a result, it acts as a perfect choice for a security cam that won’t be damaged by adverse weather conditions.
Equipped with a built-in microphone and speaker, the security cam allows you to listen and talk back to visitors on your phone.
Asides that, it adopts the PIR motion detection technology. Using this technology, the camera can distinguish a human from other living beings to avoid sending false alarms to your phone.
You can expect this security camera to show you every detail of the captured images. Besides that, the camera can easily store captured images and videos on cloud storage and also on micro SD cards for up to 128GB.
You can mount this camera on the wall or place it on a table, making it an excellent choice for both indoor or outdoor use.
- Two-way audio allows you to talk to visitors when you are far away from home.
- 2.4 GHz Wifi band support.
- Auto change mode with IR-CUT guarantees easy conversion between the day and night mode.
- Two ways to mount the camera.
- Easy to use and install.
- High-quality video images.
- The camera offers a fast way to talk to visitors.
- No black shell choice.
Next, we have the Argus security camera. It is 100% wire-free. Additionally, the camera is IP65 waterproof. Hence, it can resist heavy rain and extreme sunshine, making it suitable for outdoor use.
Equipped with a high-capacity 5200mAh battery, you can expect it to last for long after a charge. Besides that, the camera features an improved PIR sensor.
The benefit of this is the easy identification of human beings to avoid sending false alarms that result after flattering moths or falling leaves. Designed to deliver a 1080P resolution, this is one of the best choices to a WiFi camera that provides crystal clear and stunning images.
What’s more, the Wifi camera offers a 100° wide field of vision. Because of this, you can expect it to capture a wide area without the need for using several cameras.
Another benefit of the camera is the real-time push alerts. This means that you can expect the camera to send real-time images of the current situation for timely responses.
Also, the camera comes with comprehensive voice instructions. The advantage of this is an easy and convenient setup, allowing you to set up your home surveillance camera within a short time.
- High resolution enables the camera to capture sharper videos and images.
- The camera supports a live-view using Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac devices.
- It supports MicroSD cards up to 64GB.
- Nice and crisp HD videos.
- Easy to install.
- Good night vision.
- Multiple power options.
- An included USB wire adapter for easy recharging.
- Quick start guide for easy setup and configuration.
- Irremovable batteries.
- A smaller field of view.
9. Hisseu Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
As one of the best budget security camera system, Hisseu is one of the best choices for an outdoor security camera that is easy to install. It derives its power from a built-in 10400mAh battery.
The security camera comes with two signal antennas to offer a stable connection for smooth live streaming from distances up to 98feet. Also, the surveillance camera supports a full HD 1080P resolution.
Hence, it can provide a clear and vivid view of every detail that is happening. The camera also supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128GB.
Besides that, it supports a dual-tunnel voice, this means that it can record the sound on the camera so that you can talk to intruders or guests from any location.
The motion detection feature is another plus. Adopting the PIR sensor, it helps to distinguish human beings from other movable objects to avoid sending false alarms to your phone.
Featuring an IP65 waterproof design, Hisseu Wireless Outdoor Security Camera is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- The compact size ensures easy installation indoors and outdoors.
- Fully charged 10400mAh battery supports 2-3 months of continuous use.
- A 120-degree wide-angle camera lens captures a big area without the need for extra cameras.
- Super-easy set up.
- Excellent-quality camera.
- Nice image quality.
- Great packaging.
- Included USB adapter to recharge the battery.
- The battery power doesn’t last long.
10. Wireless Outdoor Security Camera by Zeetopin
Concluding our review with Zeetopin Wireless Outdoor Security Camera. It derives its power from a built-in 10400mAh battery, which is massive. It can work upto 2-3 months after a full charge.
You can get this camera as one of the best choices for a surveillance camera that is guaranteed to deliver high-quality videos with its impeccable camera and an HD resolution of 1920 x 1080P.
Besides that, the unit adopts a 120° wide field of view to eliminate the need for using lots of cameras to cover a specific area.
With a memory card slot that supports memory cards up to 128GB, you can expect the camera to record videos for later viewing.
Furthermore, the camera adopts PIR motion detection that can distinguish a human being from other moving objects to avoid sending fake alarms to your phone.
The security camera comes with a powerful 4DB wireless antenna for stable and smooth connections.
Moreover, it adopts a two-way audio with a built-in speaker and microphone to hold a conversation with someone at home, making it an excellent choice for a pet cam or baby cam.
- The security camera supports cloud storage and an SD card up to 128GB.
- It supports multiple charging methods.
- Multi-sharing feature means that several users can live-view the images at the same time.
- Nice packaging with all mounting hardware.
- Super clear night vision.
- Pretty easy to set up.
- Clear HD picture quality.
- Good battery life.
- Broken English manual.
How to choose the best affordable outdoor security camera
Before selecting one of the reviewed products, I would recommend that you check out for these features before making a decision.
Well, the majority of the crimes and robberies are staged during the night. As a result, you will need to buy a security camera that supports night vision. That said, buy a model that employs an infrared technology for effective monitoring in low light conditions. Also, a security camera with an automatic switch for day-to-night vision is a better option, since you do not have to alter the lighting mode manually.
Another feature that the best cheap outdoor security camera should incorporate is a two-way audio capability. Although all cameras don’t include this feature, it is worth getting one that incorporates it. The reason is that such cameras allow for direct communication with guests on the front door, while it also makes it possible to warn intruders. So, be sure to get a camera with such an addition, for the best value for money.
Do you want to save some costs after buying an outdoor security camera? If so, I would recommend purchasing a camera with a motion activation feature. Such a camera becomes activated after detecting movement, which means that it attracts your attention the need arises. As a result, such models are an excellent choice for the best cheap outdoor security cameras that will help you save energy costs in the long run.
Field of view
Also, you will need to purchase a security camera with a wide field of view. In fact, cameras offer view angles up to 360degrees depending on the model. The wider the field of view, the more the coverage. So, if you are looking for a camera that will cover the area it monitors without leaving blind spots, I would recommend getting one that offers the widest field of view for your budget. In so doing, you do not have to buy several cameras to help you cover the desired area.
An outdoor camera can be of importance without the best cables in place. As a matter of fact, you will want to buy a security cam that offers uninterrupted data transmission plus a consistent power supply. So, ensure that your camera can connect to the stable Wifi in your place. In so doing, you can expect it to work correctly without the risk of obstructed view from whichever location.
A perfect outdoor camera should be weatherproof and vandal proof. After all, do not forget that you will expose it to elements such as rain, snow, dust, and heat. So, get a security camera that is weather-proof rated. Moreover, the best camera should be vandal-resistant to prevent intruders from trying to vandalize it.
The best cheap outdoor security camera is an effective deterrent to crime. These cameras keep an eye on your property and record videos of the current events so that you can respond appropriately. That said, I would recommend that you buy one of the reviewed outdoor surveillance cameras. With them, you can stop bandits from getting away with your property, and better, respond appropriately to visitors when you are away from home.